Simply put, meditation is the wisest investment you can make in yourself or your organization. Productivity is directly correlated with happiness, and happiness is directly correlated with presence– i.e. the alignment of attention with the unfolding now.
Training the habits of attention is crucial for well-being and effectiveness in every area of life. Cultivating resilience and presence is therefore the most important life skill to master, especially in the Attention Economy of the Digital Age.
(Scroll down for evidence)
- Stress Reduction
- Better Problem Solving + Decision Making (improved executive brain function)
- Reduced Inner Criticism
- More Focus
- Better Sleep
- Reduced Anxiety
- Better Health
- More Creativity
- Slower Aging
- Better Cognitive Function and Memory
- Reduced Addictive Behaviors
- Increased Presence
- Increased Flow
- Increased Equanimity
- Increased Feeling of Connectedness, Compassion and Love
- Increased Acceptance of Self and External Circumstances
While your own experience is the most important testament to the benefits of meditation, overwhelming scientific evidence substantiates the experienced benefits of meditation.
Research confirms the meditative brain experiences increase Alpha, Theta and Delta states, formation of new beneficial neural networks, reduce activity in the primitive reptilian parts of the brain and increased coherence between hemispheres. Benefits even linger past the time spent in meditation.
Further, different types of meditation provide different benefits, which is why one size doesn’t fit all, and meditative tools must be personalized to best suit your needs.
Scientific Papers and Studies
- 8 Weeks to a Better Brain – Harvard
- What meditation can do for our mind, mood and health – Harvard
- Meditation Reduces Mind Wandering – Stanford
- Moving Beyond Mindfulness – Harvard
- How Meditation Benefits CEOs- Harvard Business Review
- Meditation Increases Sustained Attention – Psychological Science
- Meditation Makes You More Creative – Science Daily
- Meditation’s Benefits on Emotions Persist – Harvard
- What happens to the Brain When You Meditate
- Meditation and Neuroplasticity – 5 Key Articles
- How the Brain Works In Meditation – University of Oslo
- Your Brain On Meditation – Psychology Today
- Meditation States and Traits – University of Southern California
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness Meditation – Chopra Center
- Transcendental Meditation and Addiction – Maharishi University
- Meditation can make you more creative – Univ. of Leiden
- Mind the Trap – Mindfulness Reduces Cognitive Rigidity
- Improving Creativity Performance by Short Term Meditation